That was 2020
How nicely do you don’t forget the yr? These will check your memory
1. What car was topped Automobile Specific Car of the Yr 2020?
2. In August, BMW introduced that it was introducing what new product to its iconic M3 range?
- a. A Touring model
- b. An all-electrical model
- c. A 7-seat MPV model
three. In September, Renault unveiled a new coupé-SUV that will hit the Uk next yr. What will it be referred to as?
- a. Mégane Grande
- b. Marseille
- c. Arkana
four. In the initial episode of the new series of the Fantastic British Bake Off, what form of auto did contestant Linda try to make from cake?
- a. Ambulance
- b. JCB excavator
- c. Earth Rally Car
five. Rolls-Royce unveiled particulars of its confined-version Dawn Silver Bullet in August. How many will be built?
6. What automotive newcomer referred to as time on its electrical car job in June?
- a. Ineos
- b. Dyson
- c. Virgin
7. What typical American SUV acquired a putting reboot in July?
- a. Cadillac Escalade
- b. Ford Bronco
- c. GMC Syclone
8. In June, automotive publisher Haynes unveiled that profits of one certain workshop guide experienced amplified by 1,600 per cent for the duration of 2020. What topic did it include?
- a. Hen retaining
- b. How to develop a nuclear bunker
- c. Ford Fiesta Mk2
nine. In May well, Tobias Moers took above as CEO of what automotive brand name?
- a. Aston Martin
- b. BMW
- c. Skoda
ten. In April, Volvo introduced that it would limit the leading pace of its new versions to what figure?
- a. 180mph
- b. 112mph
- c. 72mph
Take a look at your motorsport awareness with these previous and existing mind teasers
11. Formula One celebrated which milestone in 2020?
- a. The 2,000th Method One race
- b. The seventieth anniversary of the initial Earth Championship race
- c. The one hundredth time a silver car has gained the initial five races of a season
twelve. Why is the Indianapolis Motor Speedway regarded as the ‘Brickyard’?
- a. The initial Indy five hundred race was gained by Gleeson Bartenburger II, owner of a nearby brick manufacturing facility
- b. It was paved with bricks in 1909
- c. Early IndyCars were being regarded as ‘bricks’
thirteen. In 2021, which former Method One entire world winner will return to travel for the Alpine F1 workforce?
- a. Fernando Alonso
- b. Jenson Button
- c. Jacques Villeneuve
14. The 2020 Method E Championship concluded with six rounds at which venue?
- a. London Docklands, Uk
- b. Monza, Italy
- c. Tempelhof Airport, Germany
fifteen. Which company gained the 2020 Le Mans 24 Hrs?
- a. Audi
- b. Toyota
- c. Porsche
16. What will the Racing Issue Method One workforce be rebranded as in 2021?
- a. Aston Martin Racing
- b. Force Canada Racing
- c. Red Bull Juniors
17. What occasion appeared on the Earth Rally Championship calendar for the initial time in 2020?
- a. Rally Kazakhstan
- b. Rally Estonia
- c. Rally Slovakia
eighteen. How many times has Sebastian Vettel gained the Method One Earth Driver’s Championship?
- a. 2 times
- b. Four times
- c. 6 times
19. Which MotoGP star broke his arm at the initial race of the 2020 season in Spain?
- a. Marc Marquez
- b. Valentino Rossi
- c. Andrea Dovizioso
twenty. The Ford RS200, MG Metro 6R4 and Lancia Delta S4 competed in which rally class of the eighties?
- a. Group A
- b. Group B
- c. Group C
How nicely do you know your automotive film and tv stars?
21. What car did David Hasselhoff’s character, Michael Knight, travel in the eighties Television series Knight Rider?
- a. Mercedes SL
- b. Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
- c. Ferrari Testarossa
22. In the 1984 film Ghostbusters, what was the Cadillac Miller-Meteor better regarded as?
- a. The Buster
- b. Ecto-1
- c. Spenglerwagon
23. In series ten of Control Your Enthusiasm, what car does lead character Larry David travel?
24. What car is found abandoned by the survivors in US Television series Misplaced?
- a. Lamborghini Countach
- b. Volkswagen Kind 2 bus
- c. DMC DeLorean
25. Tommy Cannon and the late Bobby Ball acquired matching cars at the peak of their fame. What did they decide on?
- a. Gold Rolls-Royce Silver Shadows
- b. Bronze Proton Jumbucks
- c. Silver Lexus LS 400s
26. John Carpenter’s 1983 film model of the Stephen King book Christine highlighted a possessed what?
- a. 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona
- b. 1958 Plymouth Fury
- c. 1972 Ferrari Daytona
27. Which of these cars is in the next Bond film No Time to Die?
28. In the BBC Television present Detectorists, what car does Toby Jones’s character Lance travel?
29. The Citroen Xsara Picasso is the preferred car of which character in Uk Television comedy Gavin and Stacey?
- a. Mick Shipman
- b. Uncle Bryn
- c. Dave Coaches
30. Actors Charley Boorman and Ewan McGregor starred in a new travel documentary in 2020, but what motorbikes did they journey via South America?
- a. BMW R1200 GS Adventures
- b. Harley-Davidson Livewires
- c. Triumph Scramblers
Can you establish the lacking phrases from these prices?
31. “A _______ is a horse created by committee” – Sir Alec Issigonis
- a. zebra
- b. camel
- c. motorbike
32. “Chop your own __________ and it will heat you twice” – Henry Ford
- a. arm off
- b. wood
- c. onions
33. “______________ are for persons who simply cannot develop engines” – Enzo Ferrari
- a. Gearboxes
- b. Turbochargers
- c. Aerodynamics
34. “Money may well not invest in contentment, but I’d somewhat cry in a ___________ than on a bus” – Françoise Sagan
- a. Jaguar
- b. Citroen DS
- c. Renault four
35. “Quality is remembered extensive right after the _________ is forgotten” – Sir Henry Royce
- a. wait around
- b. price tag
- c. argument
36. “I imagine the disorders in these cars are absolutely _____________” – Murray Walker
- a. unimaginable
- b. conditional
- c. overall
37. “Being an entrepreneur is like consuming _________ and staring into the abyss of death” – Elon Musk
- a. a rooster balti
- b. a coyote
- c. glass
38. “Success is 99 per cent ________” – Soichiro Honda
- a. financial commitment
- b. failure
- c. bluffable
39. “With that type of dexterity, I reckon Alonso could get a position driving a ________ round the M25” – Martin Brundle
- a. Transit
- b. minicab
- c. hearse
forty. “Designers believe all the things done by an individual else is terrible, and that they could do it better themselves, which clarifies why I created my own _____________” – Chris Bangle
- a. bicycle
- b. residing area carpet
- c. toaster
The issue is the respond to
Only one of the statements is suitable – can you guess which one?
forty one. The Trabant…
- a. Was at first built in the Volkswagen ID.three manufacturing facility in Zwickau
- b. Won the Estonian Car of the Yr title in 1980 and 1982
- c. Was the silver-medal prize at the 1980 Moscow Olympics
42. A Skoda Octavia vRS 2. TSI…
- a. Was the millionth Skoda built at Kvasiny in 2020
- b. Broke the Land Velocity File for a supercharged creation car in 2011
- c. Was initial prize on the last broadcast episode of Bullseye
43. 1972 was…
- a. The yr Method One entire world winner Lewis Hamilton was born
- b. The yr in which BMW built its initial electrical car
- c. The yr a switch to driving on the appropriate was proposed by Parliament
forty four. Emu feathers…
- a. Are made use of to brush Jaguars right before they are painted to make confident they never bring in dust
- b. Ended up made use of by TVR to established panel gaps on the Griffith
- c. Ended up an selection offered on the sixties Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow
45. Irish Green…
- a. Was the code title made use of by DMC for the DeLorean
- b. Was the color of the one millionth 911 to roll off the creation line
- c. Was the nickname provided to Eddie Irvine by mechanics when he drove for Ferrari
46. £471 is the…
- a. Normal price tag of yearly car insurance in the Uk in 2019
- b. Value of a new Mini when it was released in 1959
- c. Official price tag of a new established of tyre dust caps for a Lamborghini Huracán
forty seven. Watford Gap was…
- a. The filming locale of the last scene of The Cannonball Run
- b. The internet site of the initial Tesla Supercharger in the Uk
- c. The initial motorway providers opened in the Uk in 1959
48. A fridge…
- a. Was at first scripted to be the time-travelling machine in the film Again to the Foreseeable future right before producers opted for a DeLorean
- b. Prompted the 2018 Detroit Motor Present to be cancelled when one caught fireplace and burned down the exhibition corridor
- c. Was made use of by Vauxhall to replicate the bodyweight of rear seat passengers for the duration of stamina tests
forty nine. Soya beans were being…
- a. Made use of by Lada as seat filling for the duration of the fantastic foam scarcity of 1963
- b. An ingredient made use of by Henry Ford to develop a prototype car body in 1941
- c. Normally soaked in chlorobenzine to give a new car scent by dealers
- a. Was the real quantity of Sierra Cosworth RS500s built by Ford (Tickford built the remaining 499)
- b. Was the primary title for the car that became the Ford Ka
- c. Was the quantity of Method One Earth Championship titles gained by Sir Stirling Moss
Cryptic car names
Can you operate out the car company names from these cryptic descriptions?
51. First on the grid shines in the evening sky (8)
fifty two. River crossing the street (four)
53. Tiny (four)
fifty four. Grab one when you want to get the bodyweight off your feet (four)
55. Green and pleasurable for Roy’s fictional football workforce (four,five)
56. April’s month to month successor fulfills Johann Sebastian’s last (7)
fifty seven. Clever (five)
fifty eight. Abbreviated expert with 1,016kg (6)
59. Coventry’s colossal cat (6)
60. Coil’s nicely that finishes nicely for Nikola (five)
Go back in time to find the solutions to these motoring puzzlers
61. Who founded Italian car company Alfa Romeo in 1910?
- a. Nicola Romeo
- b. Alessandro Alfa
- c. Marika Romano
sixty two. What car did Ford develop as the alternative for the Product T?
- a. Product V
- b. Product A
- c. Product Y
sixty three. In what yr did British Leyland launch the Austin Maestro hatchback?
64. Dante Giacosa is credited with the layout of which Italian car, which is now considered a typical?
- a. Alfa Romeo Spider
- b. Lamborghini Countach
- c. Fiat Nuova five hundred
65. Alexander Wilson founded which British car enterprise in 1857?
- a. Bentley
- b. Vauxhall
- c. Bristol
66. In what yr was Spanish car maker SEAT fashioned?
67. Comotor was an sick-fated sixties joint enterprise involving which two car makes to develop engines?
- a. BMW and Alfa Romeo
- b. Citroen and NSU
- c. Lada and Skoda
sixty eight. Hans Werner Aufrecht and Erhard Melcher established up which popular tuning residence in Burgstall, Germany, in 1967?
sixty nine. The T360 was the initial 4-wheeled item built by which world-wide car brand name?
- a. Honda
- b. Suzuki
- c. Triumph
70. In what yr did Nissan launch the initial-technology Leaf?
Can you title the fourth factor to comprehensive the chain?
seventy one. Heston–Reading–Chieveley–? (Clue: Relaxation likely west)
- a. Keele
- b. Membury
- c. Leicester Forest East
72. W213–W212–W211–W210–? (Clue: E-asy does it, Karl)
seventy three. Greening–McLoughlin–Grayling–? (Clue: What a condition we’re in)
- a. Johnson
- b. Hancock
- c. Shapps
seventy four. Sainte Dévote–Beau Rivage–Massenet–? (Clue: The quarter monte)
- a. Anthony Noghes
- b. Casino
- c. Mirabeau
seventy five. S–X–3–? (Clue: Elon’s timecode)
- a. Y
- b. Cybertruck
- c. Roadster 2
seventy six. Grey–Black–White–? (Clue: Shady selections for 2019 Brits)
seventy seven. F430–458–488–? (Clue: Italian exotic via the a long time)
seventy eight. Lewis–Sebastian–Lewis–? (Clue: Household winners)
seventy nine. Red–red and amber–green–? (Clue: Have you acquired a superior sign?)
- a. Green and amber
- b. Amber
- c. Red and amber
eighty. Oxford–Marina–Ital–? (Clue: Brits in the family way)
Can you establish the creation car from its advancement code title?
- a. Jaguar F-Kind
- b. Ford Fiesta Mk1
- c. Panther Kallista
eighty two. ADO15 ‘Orange Box’
- a. Morris Mini-Slight
- b. Fiat Uno
- c. Austin Maxi
eighty three. Undertaking Jay
eighty four. Hawk
- a. Bentley Azure
- b. MGF
- c. Rover two hundred Coupé
- a. Jaguar E-Kind
- b. Lotus Evora
- c. Caterham 21
- a. Aston Martin Valkyrie
- b. McLaren P1
- c. Land Rover Freelander
- a. Austin Westminster
- b. Ford Cortina Mk1
- c. Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow
Place the depth
Can you establish all these new cars from their pics?
Completed? Now click here for the solutions…
Check out out the rest of our 2020 round-up below…